Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Couple Shower

This past weekend Phillip's family threw a couples shower for us. We had a great time with everyone at Florence. There were so many wonderful gifts! His Aunt Kathy and Uncle "D" hosted the event. Kathy did an AMAZING job on the food (and I finally found a cocktail sauce that I like...she makes her own). Phillip's Aunt Diane made her signature goodies. I think we all walked away needing to spend the rest of the afternoon on a treadmill. It was such a lovely afternoon.

My parents and sisters make the trip as well. So now the majority of both families have officially met. My dad talked Phillip's dad's ears off...but my dad will talk to a brick wall. Unbeknownst to them, my sisters almost ran over Phillip's dad on his motorcycle elsewhere in Florence. All in all, it was a rough day for Phillip's dad when it came to meeting my wacky family. At least we all got a laugh out of it!

I forgot my camera, so if I can beg pictures off of Phillip's mom I'll post. Otherwise, we're out on this one. Too much stuff to remember right now! :-)

No comments: