Tuesday, November 10, 2009

5 Year Old Wisdom

As many of you know, I (Kristin) have been babysitting two little boys a couple of evenings a week for the past two years. Quinn, the youngest, just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. Tonight he didn't want to eat his vegetables with dinner. This is normal with Quinn. His older brother, Barrett (7), gave him some encouraging words: take a bite and chase it with the chocolate milk. (Where they learned the concept of chasing things is beyond me.)

After sitting at the table alone for a while, Quinn looked at me and said, "Mrs. Kristin, I'm stuffed!" Knowing this would be another battle of wills, I picked up my armor and replied, "Really?! No way! Are you ready for dessert?" Of course his face lit up with delight as he replied, "Yes ma'am!" I laughed, "Tricked ya! If you have room for dessert you have plenty of room for your peas and corn." Quinn, never one to be out-witted, looked and said, "BUT I have 2 stomachs! One for dessert and one for non-dessert stuff. The dessert one is empty!"

I know you aren't suppose to laugh at them, but I died laughing right there.

No comments: