Monday, December 19, 2011

8 Months and Exciting News!

Christmas completely snuck up on me this year.  Normally, my shopping is finished by Thanksgiving.  I don't even think I started until the beginning of December.  Having a baby sure will take an organized woman and turn her into a mess!
One thing's for sure, having a baby is the BEST GIFT EVER.  Our Little Man hit the 8 month mark last Friday.  Wowzers!  He's SUCH a ham.  I love his little personality.  He's all about getting messy (takes after Daddy), but he also has this serious/quizzical thing going on (I hope he's not as serious as I am).  He rolls his tongue all the time.  Really loud, constant noise, ALL.THE.TIME.  Over the past week he's been tilting his head to the side when you talk to him.  Phillip was holding him on Saturday while I was sending an email.  Next thing I know there's a little Emory face peaking out behind the side of my computer.  Cracked me up!  We adore our sweet boy.

My boys.  Surprisingly, Emory had gone without a nap for almost 10 hours.  He won't sleep unless he's home in his crib.  Pretty happy for a VERY sleep baby.

I would apologize for the spit up on the shirt, but it has become a part of our life.  He's just as cute with it anyway.  :-)

We're also working on Round 2 of a nasty cold.
OH!  The exciting news!  Drum roll please...

Since Emory had to go to the doctor because he has been sick, they decided to weigh him.  Guess who gained TWO POUNDS IN ONE MONTH!?  That's right!  This brings our grand total to 17 lbs 12 oz.  Talk about stoked.  I was BEYOND thrilled.  He BARELY gained one pound in three months, so two pounds in one month was above and beyond our wildest expectations.

Big thank yous to everyone that has kept us in your thoughts and prayers!!! 


No comments: