Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"He's not perfect."

Are you addicted to Pinterest?  I am.  Well, my obsession is getting a bit better but only because Emory won't nap as much.  :-)  I find all sorts of goodies on there.  The other week I came across this quote:

"He's not perfect.  You aren't either, and the two of you will never be perfect.  But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold on to him and give him the most you can.  He isn't going to quote poetry, he's not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break.  Don't hurt him, don't change him, and don't expect more of him than he can give.  Don't analyze.  Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he's not there.  Love hard when there is love to be had.  Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one guy that is perfect for you." 
~Bob Marley

Anyone that knows us also knows how completely different Phillip and I are.  Initially, I was concerned about how this would work in a marriage.  Through all of our valleys (and admittedly, we have dealt with a lot more than most early marriages), he always made me laugh.  I have to say that I am guilty of not expressing my thanks enough and over-analyzing too much.  Thankfully, I married a pretty gracious fella.  

Just a challenge: (for anyone that may be reading) thank the person that supports you the most...and the best that he knows how.  

 
Kristin
 

No comments: