Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tagging Through the Snow...

Dear, sweet Mrs. McMurray, tagged me (Kristin). She struck again!!! Hope it's entertaining!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Very festive wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Smell of real, but alas artificial is easier to deal with.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend before Thanksgiving because we're in Florence the weekend after.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Right after New Year (or whenever we get motivated).

5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope, but apple cider is the best!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Smithsonian Crystal & Gem Growing Kit
(Yes, I have been a lifelong dork!)

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Mom & Dad

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Sweet "P"

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Sadly, I do not.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, but we were not on the ball this year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
My grandma usually tends to give some pretty odd gifts,
fortunately my love for her negates this.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Holiday or The Family Stone

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually somewhere around September.
My birthday is two weeks before Christmas,
so I aim to not spend all of my birthday gift cards on Christmas presents.
(Usually this plan fails miserably.)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not yet, but I may have to try that next year.
Graduate school doesn't allow for large budgets.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I like the sausage and cheese balls that my daddy makes!

16. Lights on the tree?
MILLIONS of them. HOWEVER, not the big ones or the ones that are colorful.
Nice, small, white lights...everywhere (they glisten)!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"O Holy Night" has been a standing favorite with me,
but this year Avalon's "Jesus, Born on this Day"
has really spoken to me.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Once little people enter our lives, I am sure this will change.
However, as for now we spend Christmas Eve with my family
and Christmas day with Phillip's family.


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
"You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen.
Comet and
Cupid and Donner and Blitzen.
But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? RUDOLPH!"

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A Peacock! Hahaha. It matches my decor!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
My family does gifts Christmas Eve,
Sweet "P" and I exchange on Christmas morning before
heading down the Florence to celebrate with his family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
My devotionals have focused a lot on this, but it truly is
a pity that we all get so consumed with gifts and chaos that we forget
to truly celebrate why this day is so AMAZING.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My tree usually compliments the color scheme of our living room.
So we have a nice blue and green thing going on (thus the peacock).

24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
Really we do big meals for Thanksgiving,
but just a lot hor d'oeuvres on Christmas.
I like the ham biscuits though!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I honestly can't think of a thing. I'm quite happy with what I have.

Muahahaha...now I get to tag!
1. Pamela (celebrate with me in Thailand)
2. Nicole
3. Jenni
4. Emily

No comments: