Sunday, July 12, 2009

Balie's Loss

Phillip and I had planned to host one of my friends from high school, Balie, and her son, Gavin (total cutie pie), for lunch on Sunday. Saturday we did what would typically be our weekly grocery trip since we haven't shopped in two weeks. We got everything we needed to have a fantastic lunch! When we arrived home, I even went as far as to prepare as much as I could last night. I finally sat down sometime around 11. Phillip brought my cell to me. Apparently, when we were in the store grocery shopping I missed a text message from Balie. She had to cancel because of a prior commitment.

While I was sad to not see Balie and precious Gavin, I decided to go ahead and make lunch. Typically not one for cooking, I think I did a pretty good job. We slept in and watched Charles Stanley on television. While it wasn't our church, it was something. Plus, Charles seems to know what he's talking about. :-)

The menu for today included roasted garlic mashed potatoes, SteamFresh green beans (love them), and baked tilapia (with lemon, garlic, and parsley). I even broke out the fine china. All kinds of motivated I was today!


We had apple crumble and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Can we say YUM?! (Phillip has devoured most of this already.)


Balie, consider this your reminder: never, I repeat NEVER, cancel on good food. :-) See ya next weekend. We can't wait to meet Daniel!

No comments: