Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Celebrating 2 Years...

of wedded bliss! Sadly, we don't get to spend our anniversary (today) together thanks to our normal weekly schedules. However, we had a great time together celebrating this weekend. A few weeks ago, I approached Phillip and told him that I lacked the the time, energy, and (quite frankly) motivation to plan any "date" for this year's anniversary. I did not expect him to do anything for our anniversary, but I told him to pick a restaurant and make reservations if we needed them. We typically don't even exchange gifts, so anniversaries are low key with us.

Apparently, Phillip was feeling the need to be an over-achiever. He surprised me with tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Charlotte. I didn't even know they were here. He got us amazing seats! We even got "snowed" on during one of their songs. Before the concert we had dinner at New South, a local restaurant we enjoy.

It was so great to see TSO in concert. I love their Christmas music, but when you add the pyrotechnics and the amazing lighting it takes them to a whole new level. Below are a few pictures that Phillip took during the concert. (I think he was most amused by the pyro.)



This was definitely a different take on how we traditionally view Christmas music and performance, but it was so much fun! The second part of the concert consisted on music from their new CD. While it was a good performance, we both enjoyed the first portion the best.



Us waiting with 11,998 other people to get out of the arena. (This is what happens when I don't stand on a step to be remotely close to his height.)


Today, I got a surprise at work. Phillip walked in with these:
He even got 25 roses because I only like numbers that are divisible by 5! He's wins!
What a great anniversary!

No comments: