Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mischievous Muts

I would like to dedicate this post to the creatures that have been the bane of my existence this week.  You see, said creatures are typically one of the highlights in our day.  However, last week Phillip took all of the pets to the vet.  Just knocking out the annual visits (and subsequent dollar bills) in one big swoop.  Since that fateful Thursday morning our kids have been horrible!  

Sassy - Well, she is being a typical cat.  Only she's being louder and has increased her noctural activity level substantially.  For a light sleeper, this is bad news.  

Gracie - Aside from being sick from something, she's been driving us nuts scratching.  According to the vet, none of the animals had skin allergies.  This amazed him.  He said even his pets had them right now.  Gracie was fine before she went in for her appointment.  Since then, it's been all downhill.  We have tried oatmeal and aloe baths, new blankets, we have washed everything.  I just don't get it.  Suggestions would be helpful.

Mason - Now, this has to be the easiest animal in the world to own.  Problem with him is that he can be pretty dumb.  He means no harm at all, and is overly eager to please.  However, he's huge (weighing approximately 85 pounds).  He's almost two years old now.

At the beginning of the month we visited friends in Wilmington.  When we got back we decided to leave his crate packed up.  The dogs have been playing in the house every day since.  This week rolls around and one (or both) of the canine persuasion creatures decided to start tearing up a magazine Phillip had recently left out.  So I cleaned up what we will refer to as Tuesday's Twister.  


Now, it should be noted that I haven't slept a solid night in probably well over a month.  This morning at 5:30 the smoke detector starts going off because the batteries are dying.  Since it was so close to the time my alarm was set to go off, I was wide awake.  I drag through the day just dreaming of getting home and relaxing.  I walk in the door and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a living room full of magazine shreds.  Again, one of Phillip's.  He's going to be quite disappointed when he comes home, but not as grumpy as I was since I had to clean up.  Here are a few pictures of the kids' "art."

 

No comments: