Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Nursery!

Since I am not allowed to travel the shower my friends, Jenni and Meredith, had planned for us in Raleigh had to be canceled.  I felt super bad about it, but realizing that nothing is in my control at this point I am trying to not let things get to me.  Instead Jenni traveled down to keep me company for the weekend.

Phillip's best friend also came up for a night from Florence.  The boys decided to head to Bass Pro Saturday morning.  Then the fun began...

My parents came over and started what can only be described as an insane weekend of productivity.  I felt so utterly useless, but it is so nice knowing that everything is ready for Emory.  They painted, cleaned, and organized.  Phillip and Chris put the fan up in the room, assembled a stroller and a swing (thank you Grammy Harris, Aunt Sandra, and Uncle Steven), and worked on things outside.  Phillip got to add another coat of paint on Sunday before Mom painted the trim (which looks SO much better and now I need to do the rest of the house). 

It's nice being able to sleep knowing that if this little one shows up tomorrow, we're as ready as we're gonna get!  Check out that fabulous nursery.  All we have left are a few wall decor items and moving the car seats/stroller to the car.  Thanks to everyone that helped!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww it looks great!!