Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baby Blessings

For those of you wondering why I have been the world's worst blogger as of late, fear not!  I have good reason.  Last week we went public with the news of another precious baby boy joining our nest!  We could not be more excited (subsequently, I have been down and out most of the latter Spring/Summer months due to hyperemesis).  

I have to say, I was slightly shocked when we found out it was a boy.  This pregnancy just "felt" different.  Don't get me wrong my BFF is still the porcelain god in our restroom, but I have been EXHAUSTED with this one.  Good news is that I am 18 weeks on Thursday and I have yet to have any organ issues (gallbladder started at 16 weeks)!  

Phillip was the only person that thought we were having a boy.  Granted, he has no reason for believing this other than he deems himself incapable of spawning females (again, no reason).  We went in for our monthly check up last Monday.  We weren't scheduled for an anatomy ultrasound until the 13th of this month, but my doctor likes us and wanted to have fun trying to figure out what we were having.  

I remembered never feeling Emory kick or move because the placenta was on top during my last pregnancy.  This one is totally different.  Little ninja here has been jabbing it out for almost 2 weeks now!  It's amazing and it makes it all so real!  Emory also never moved during these ultrasounds.  I could down a Mountain Dew and he'd just yawn.  I had a Diet Dr. Pepper two hours before and this one NEVER sat still.  Our doctor was telling him to calm down, I was laughing, Emory was clapping and giggling, and Phillip was beaming when every few seconds she'd catch a glimpse of male anatomy.  She said there's a very small chance that we'll come back for an anatomy scan with a calm child that it could be something different, but she'd be highly surprised.  

With that being said, we are embarking on Journey #2.  It's not been a cake walk, but it's been better than Journey #1 so far.  I am still holding out hope that I can get off the nausea meds and that my energy level will pick up, but I'm down to just one pill a day (most days) and I'm only getting sick 2 or 3 times.  Plus, I have this super cute cheerleader when I do happen to get sick.  Emory laughs and claps for me the whole time.  I have to say, if it's gotta go down this is the way to do it!

We can't wait to meet this little bundle of love in late December/early January (they are estimating based on the baby's size to be January 10th but no one thinks I'll go that long).  Please keep us in your prayers.  I was able to go off all fertility meds but as I stated the nausea meds are still ever-present.  Please pray for our sweet son to grow and prosper into a healthy little fella.  Emory, I'm seeing, can use all the support he can get since it's not always easy to explain to a 15 month old that Mama just can't be a trampoline right now.  Lastly (and probably most importantly), lift up my sweet husband, Phillip.  God bless him!  He works like crazy, takes care of me when necessary, wrangles in the energy of Emory, and does it while being incredibly supportive and loving.  I'm sure he could use strength for this road!

Here's a few recent pictures of Emory to hold you over until the ultrasound next week!
Someone has a very strong hat obsession.
Two of my three boys after church.
Bedtime stories with Mama are just that fun!
 Kristin

No comments: