Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mimicking Tot

Emory, in all of his toddler glory, has picked up the cute little habit of mimicking behaviors.  He tries to put dishes in the dishwasher, pets the dogs, and even puts Daddy's shoes on.  However, lately he's picked up one that we're REALLY hoping he doesn't keep repeating.

As pregnancies in our world go, this one has seen its fair share of hyperemesis.  I have to be clear here and say that I am REALLY thankful that I haven't landed myself in the hospital so far.  I know how to handle the scenario a little better.  Despite the anti-nausea medicine, I still get sick at least a couple of times a day on average.  Sometimes I'm fortunate enough to have Phillip here to wrangle in Little Man, but Phillip works at night and I'm a 24/7 sickness kinda person.  So, Emory has witnessed his fair share of "sessions" with Mama.

Previously, he would laugh and clap during my performance.  It made the deal a little easier to cope with.  Over the past few days, he's tried holding his head over the toilet with me, slightly sticking out his tongue (it's sad but he had perfect form), and making a little coughing noise.  Then he'll burst into laughter.  
Exhibit A
NOT GOOD! 

What's a mama suppose to do?  When I get sick I'm doing good to jump the hurdles standing in my way on the way to the restroom, much less finding the time to set up an occupy Emory zone for entertainment.  Plus if I'm out of the room, he soon follows suit.   

I really hope he doesn't do this somewhere else.  Granted, he's with us all the time, but I can't imagine trying to explain to a preschool teacher why my son is making vomiting gestures over a toilet.  I still have 4 more months.  He'll likely see much more of this in action. 

P.S. - I had to go to the doctor yesterday and get a shot to help with some of these issues.  I was quite skeptical because it's just a B6-B12 vitamin shot in the hip.  It definitely didn't kick in until noonish today, but I'm totally feeling amazing now!  Hopefully, with my meds and the shot I can finish this week out with a bang!

Kristin

No comments: