Sunday, November 11, 2012

Trunk or Treat

We are so blessed that Phillip's job has afforded our family the opportunity for one of us to be home with Emory almost all the time.  I just substitute on occasion and have done some contract work for the school, but most of my time is spent with Little Man.  The downside to this is that Phillip's company promotes based on seniority, which is only fair.  Granted he's come a long way since beginning and is now managing a crew, but he's still working second shift (3 PM to 1 or 3 AM).  He's hoping that once the kiddos start school he'll be on first shift and around more, but for now we do things like Trunk or Treat sans Daddy (and this pregnant mama sure missed that extra set of arms).  

This was the first year we attempted to do anything since Emory was a whole 6 months old last year and I was scared to take him out.  :-)  Let me just tell you, this kid is NOT a fan of costumes!  (P.S. - Someone please join me in piloting a company that makes cute toddler costumes WITHOUT anything on the head.  One would have thought I was murdering the kid getting him dressed!)  Our church held their annual Trunk or Treat on Halloween night.  Our life group had a few vehicles so we headed out to play with friends.  Emory doesn't grasp the concept of waiting in a line to collect candy, so we didn't even attempt.  He had fun watching the train, bounce houses, and climbing walls.  Best of all (for his tiny toddler legs): open room to run!  
This was as close as we got to a decent picture of us.  It was much easier when he wasn't so squirmy!
Thankfully, Emory is good buddies with Mr. Jason (and he was nice enough to tote my child around for a bit).
Can I tell you how much I love these guys?  Kyler was kind enough to show me how all of the bounce houses worked. 
It was really chilly and Emory was beginning to get a runny nose, so we hopped in the car and headed to my parents house to let them see his costume.  My sister was handing out candy while waiting.  As soon as Emory arrived she turned all the lights out and declared any remaining candy his.  Let's be honest, that's the best kind of trick or treating!  
Checking out the goods.
One of the only things I would let him have: Smarties!

This is why moms could never be grandmas.  She sees no harm in double fisting Smarties, I see potential issues with prying them from my screaming toddlers hands.  :-)
 
My Dad likes to use children for his general amusement.  He spent a good 5-10 minutes giving Emory candy and telling him to take it to my sister's boyfriend (who would subsequently consume it upon receipt).  Emory didn't seem to mind though!
Special delivery!  (Check out that precious stuffed belly!)
We sure did miss Phillip, but we had lots of fun!  Hope you all had a fantastic Halloween! 
Kristin

No comments: