Monday, February 11, 2013

Houston, we have a chunker!

Y'all, we have a chubby baby! Our Everhett Graham is officially a month old, so we carried him in today for his well visit.  Boy was I impressed.  I knew that his little face was filling out and he has even grown himself an impressive double chin, but I had no idea how much he had gained.  
Seriously, I could eat this kid!
If you knew us when Emory was this age, you understand what a huge relief this is.  It took almost a year to get Emory on the charts due to reflux.  I was dreading the battle of weight with another reflux baby.  Everhett killed it!  He weighed in at 10 pounds, 8 ounces (that is a 3 pound, 2 ounce gain from birth) putting him in the 75th percentile.  The pediatrician said maybe one out of every 100 newborns he sees displays that kind of growth.  Look at him go!  
Have I mentioned how alert Everhett is?  Holy cow!  We are in trouble when he becomes mobile.
The obligatory tribute to Daddy's Tigers.
He measured in at 21.5 inches for height, so that's a 25% leap from birth for him as well.  The only thing under the 50th percentile is his head circumference (40th).  I'm so proud of this little guy and how far he's come.  

We got the green light to try incorporating a little dairy back into my diet, so fingers crossed and prayers going up that there won't be any other intestinal bleeding.  This mama is ready for a milkshake!  
Sweet angel.
Now that we are starting to get a bit more settled, I am aiming to have more pictures and posts this week.  There's so much to catch y'all up on.  Until then, be blessed!


Kristin

No comments: