Monday, April 1, 2013

A season for everything...

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1

According to life around the Harris house, the season we are currently abiding in should be called "PLAGUED."  I'm not talking locust and frogs, just every nasty anything that seems to be going around.  

In all honesty, I was afraid of (and bracing myself for) this possibility prior to Everhett's birth.  However, I think I under estimated the punch that some of these illnesses packed.  Everhett has officially gone down as the first member of our family to get the flu.  Emory has had who knows how many bouts of the stomach virus, upper respiratory infections, and ear infections.  Phillip has intermittently joined the sick with the URI and most recently the norovirus.  I have seemingly remained unscathed (knocking on wood as I type), aside from the URIs and allergies. 

Unfortunately, this means most of our pictures aren't of the happiest of children.  I still think I managed to catch a few cute ones over the past few months.  So this post will be dedicated to all that has and continues to ail us.  Ain't nothin' gonna hold us down!

Pre-2013 (because this all started around Thanksgiving):
The attempted Christmas card 2012 photo during the middle of a URI.
The reason there was no Christmas card 2012.
Mimicking his mama's pregnancy issues.
Where those issues landed his mama on her birthday.
 

Post-New Year's 2013:

 
 

 
 
First fever-inducing sickness for Everhett was a doozie: the flu!
Emory is such a sweet big brother.  He was giving Everhett love in the waiting room.
We care not about the coif during ear infections and stomach viruses.
Emory's first hospital visit and IV fluids came March 21st.
 
Someone didn't want to drink a little at a time, so this mama replaced the sippy cup with a slow flow and 2 oz. bottle.  Two can play at that game!
If all goes well, Wednesday of this week will officially mark ONE full week of no one in this house being legitimately sick.  I'm not holding my breath, but I opened windows (yes I cranked the heat up because it was 50 degrees outside), broke out the Clorox, and said prayers over my babies.  Spring is coming and we're ready to hit the ground running!


Kristin

No comments: