Monday, April 1, 2013

Resurrection Sunday

Everyone keeps telling me that going from one child to two is much more difficult than zero to one or two to three.  I hope they are right.  Most days we do just fine, but I keep the boys at home.  Anytime we have somewhere to be, I literally start the process of getting ready over two hours in advance.  It's insane!

This Sunday was no different.  Everhett picked a really inconvenient time to cluster feed, but in his defense I don't think he really got the importance of the day.  Phillip and I were adamant that we would make it for our second church appearance since Everhett's birth since everyone on our end was doing better in the health department.  

We made it, tired, late, and haphazardly put together, but we made it!  It is so refreshing to walk into church after a crazy morning to smiling faces just ready to welcome you and share God's love.  This is what God meant by fellowship with a body of believers.  Our Life Group had a great lesson and it gave us a chance to regroup.  

Lunch was less than successful thanks to two tired buddies, but we're still trying and this was our first real out to eat experience as a family of four.  Slow and steady is apparently going to win this race.  Phillip said that we would try again when the boys are older, like 10 and 12 kind of older!

We came home to snap a few pictures.  Oh my.  Let's just say this first one pretty much captures my life right now.
Everhett just wants to eat, Emory is in his own little world not caring a thing about this photo op, Phillip never lets a chance to act like he's 5 pass him up, and I'm just holding on until nap time. 
This one is decent only because Phillip was still amused with himself and Emory saw a plane.
Daddy and his Mini Me.

Uncle David ran in the mud with Emory after pictures.  Perfect way to burn that energy before nap.
The boys both got Easter baskets full of goodies.  I really do try to remain practical when buying them things for holidays like this though.
Emory isn't really allowed to have candy, but I got him one pack of Mini M&Ms.  Fortunately, he has no idea what they are, but you can tell by this picture that he is well aware of what's in this box.
Thomas coloring books and DVD, Jesus stickers, number decals, nerf football, bathing suit and top, and of course new pacis with a big boy toothbrush were all basket essentials.
This is the face I get when he's getting something that he really enjoys, but knows I probably don't want him to have.  Vanilla yogurt covered raisins in Easter pastels are a win-win for all parties involved!

Everhett melts my heart. I mean, how could you not love that face!
Emory was more than happy to help with brother's basket.

Emory climbed up to "hold Rhett," then lost interest 2.5 seconds later.
It's so easy to get caught up in the pomp and fluff of Easter, but I hope you celebrated what happened over 2000 years ago.  The single greatest moment in history that eventually became the single greatest purpose of my life: the resurrection of my Lord and Savior.  He is Risen!  

As I read Emory his Easter story book tonight, in its simplistic tone, I silently prayed a prayer that he would accept the Lord as his Savior early in life.  He turned around, as he does every night after we read his books, folded his hands and together we prayed his bedtime prayer.  He knows it's a part of our life, but I can't wait until I see his love for the Lord manifest itself.  This is my first and primary hope for our children.  

 Kristin

No comments: