Friday, September 4, 2009

Thrice as Bad

This week has been a rough one! Beside the other drama, my 16 year old car has finally decided to give us a little bit of trouble. In all fairness, I drive that car hard. Tonight was the THIRD time this week that my car messed up. Luckily, Phillip was driving (and off work). It was about 9:30 PM. Definitely not safe for me to be broken down on the side of the road alone. We made a pit stop by Auto Zone for some new spark plugs.

The new one definitely shines brighter than the old.

Phillip worked on the car while I kept him company. I asked him why he had a car size battery strapped to the front of his four wheeler. He said his battery had died, so he improvised. I found this wildly amusing and told him it was ghetto. He disagreed, and simply told me that it was "redneck rigged." All he's missing is the Kentucky chrome (aka: duct tape).

This officially sabotaged our weekend. We had planned on traveling to Florence for the long weekend. Our plans were to go down tomorrow specifically to celebrate our niece's 10th birthday...sorry Logan! We hope you have a terrific birthday!

Looks like we're stuck in the garage. Prayers please! We need this car to last through my student teaching next semester. Since I won't be getting paid, we don't want to stretch our income to include another car payment. I know it can make it! (Have to brag on Phillip for a second. He's worked on my car three times already this week. Super hubs!)

No comments: