Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Heads Carolina!

Sandra and Steven came back to NC for a visit. This happened to be the first visit since our wedding at the end of 2007. When your best friend lives 3000 miles away, that's a LONG time. Phillip and I completely enjoyed our weekend with them (although it admittedly felt way too short). Sandra and Steven moved out to California (where she's from) after their wedding in June of 2006 so she could attend graduate school in-state. We made up for lost time though.

Friday night they got to catch up with my parents. Sandra spent quite a few holidays and weekends with my family during college since flying back and forth was pricey. My parents are a lot like her East Coast parents. When Steven came along my mom fell in love with his willingness to help in the kitchen. :-)

Saturday, Phillip had to work until 5 AM (therefore he came home and slept) and I believe the Caulders were quite fine with this because I don't know that they ever got off of West Coast time. Sandra and I ran some errands and went shopping, thereby leaving the boys to their own devices. They both have a strong love for Ford vehicles, so they spent the rest of the afternoon drooling in the Dale Jarrett dealership. We cooked out and baked together that night.

Sunday we all went to church together, and then had a quick bite to eat afterward. I think we tried to find every reason in the world to extend their allotted time here. I even offered to let Steven take Mason back (he'd fit in Sandra's seat nicely and they got along very well all weekend). Sadly, I found myself waving goodbye with a tear in my eye that afternoon. :-(

Phillip and I are hoping to make a trip out West during his company's Christmas shut down next year. They close for two weeks, he has mandatory leave and I will probably be in school. Why not take two weeks to play and reunite again!?

Thanks for coming you guys! We miss you lots! (Also, I hope you were able to thicken your accents before you returned home. Love!)

No comments: