Sunday, August 1, 2010

Organization 101

We have, on several occasions, cleaned out our garage.  When I bought this house one of the big selling points was the 2 car garage.  There are two garage doors, so when Phillip moved in the other side became his.  I believe I was crazy for assuming he'd use it for his truck.  I tend to stick to my side.  His has a one man boat, 4-wheeler, riding lawnmower, and almost anything else you can think any one man would need all housed on his side.

We were at Lowe's yesterday grabbing a few things.  We crossed paths with the organization department.  Anyone that knows me understands that organization makes my heart leap.  Anyone that knows my husband knows that he could care less.  Phillip said he knew where everything in his garage was (he found out this wasn't true when we began searching for one of his many tape measures).

Phillip picked out a bunch of Black & Decker cabinets, we ran home and measured to make sure they would fit on a wall, measured his tool box, ran back to Lowe's and began our journey.  I tried to bribe the Lowe's employees to come on over and help us put these up, but it didn't work.

This is how Phillip's side of the garage looked when we began.

 Here's the finished product. 
YAY!  The golf clubs, air compressor, lawnmower, and 4-wheeler obviously wouldn't fit in the cabinets.  Sorry the pictures are so blurry.  We FINALLY finished around midnight.  Phillip is quite proud of his newly organized garage.  (I believe I have converted him.)  It's nice, that feeling of accomplishment.

Eventually, we hope to get the floor and walls painted, but Rome wasn't built in a day.  We hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

LHarris1 said...

can you come help your mother organize her scrapbook stuff....no, not throwing out, just organize!

Jenni said...

its a nice feeling, knowing you've converted them to the nice side of organization :D

The Stephens Family said...

LOVE!

Renn said...

BE STILL MY HEART