Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Emory's First Birthday Party...and steps!

Now that it is officially May perhaps I should FINALLY get the post up about Emory’s 1st birthday party…you know, since it was a month ago!  Sheesh!  (Total slacker over here.)

Emory had a party the first weekend in April.  It was so much fun and we owe a huge thank you to a million people for all of their help and support.  I will go ahead and apologize because there will be a ton of pictures in this post.

Some of the decor (big thank to my mother-in-law for taking pictures when I was too busy):
It took me a whole night to make this, but I think it turned out kinda cute!
If you could have a love affair with an invitation, this would be my mister-ess.  :-)  So adorable!
Who needs a red carpet when you have a balloon sidewalk?
  The yummies for everyone's tummies:
The sweet table.  Everyone loved the Baboon Butter!
Tiger tails, monkey chips, cheetah cheese and crackers, elephant goodies, and hungry hippo hummus and veggies.  Yum!
God bless Aunt Diane and her patience.  I owe this woman my sanity.  She made somewhere around 60-70 cupcakes.  Aren't they precious?
Emory loved the rhino raisins...as did all my pregnant friends.

The birthday boy's set-up.  Cake by Aunt Diane and banner by my bestest, Sandra.
...and then there was the birthday boy, sweet Emory:

Uncle Jeff made sure we had overalls for this football season.  :-) 
If you want to over-stimulate a 1 year old, invite 50 people over and then throw a bunch of gifts at him. 
1. I LOVE Peggy (she set me up with my hubs) and Emory's faces here.  2. The shirt and diaper cover are just two of the MANY things the amazing Sandra made our sweet boy.  Don't worry, I'm working on getting her to set up and etsy shop!

One of Emory's toys from Mama and Dada.  This thing has been a huge hit thus far.
No party is complete without a little cake:
The fire was his favorite part.
Our son has a little too much of me in him, so Daddy had to step in and help him get dirty.
Aunt Nicki and Heather were trying to encourage filthy icing spattering to continue.
...and then he had a meltdown, so we were done.
The aftermath.
Emory with my parents.
Brandy was taking pictures with my camera most of the day while also taking care of her own baby.  THANK YOU for traveling and for all of the help!
Love this little monkey!
I have no idea what is going on in this picture, but apparently it was awkward and funny.
My family.  Minus Kandice...although the top of her head is pictured at the bottom right.  :-)
Ms. Miriam, Phillip's best friend's mom, came up to celebrate too!
Emory loves her!
Myself, Emory, and the most amazing woman in the world!  Love you, Sandra!
After most of the guests left, we took to relaxing outside with the remaining friends and family.  We had such a nice afternoon and SUCH an exhausted Emory.  Being a big boy is hard work!
Did I mention that my best friend and her most fabulous husband flew in from California for Emory's birthday?  LOVE THEM!
Love these two!
Emory hates grass.  This worries Phillip's family more than anything. 
If you think your baby has the perfect demeanor, you now stand corrected.  Meet Ella Kate.  Literally, the happiest baby in almost any and every capacity!  She's so pretty!
Aunt Nicki is trying to cure Emory of his phobia.
Uncle Jeff and Aunt Nicki know how to entertain!
Check out his feet.
Two sets of corn hole boards.  One for corn hole, the other for take offs of course!
Up...
...up
...up
...and away.
He even stuck the landing!  Nice form, buddy!
Contemplating a career as a pilot. 
Taylor and Mason were competing for the ice Phillip was throwing. 
Alli, the baby whisperer. 
Ella Kate started green beans last month and cupcakes this month!
It was a great birthday!
Did I mention that prior to going out to dinner Emory took his first steps to Aunt Sandra?  Yes!  Granted he hasn't done a thing since then, but still.  I've learned that our son is calculated, seriously quizzical, and determined.  He does everything when he is good and ready.  I enjoy sitting back and watching him go.  

Phillip and I can't believe this year is over.  It's bittersweet.  It seemed like just yesterday we were told to go downstairs to Labor and Delivery for an emergency induction and now we have a perfectly healthy, wonderfully rambunctious, sweet baby boy...BIG BOY!  God is so amazing!  


Kristin

No comments: