Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Year's Eve

So I mentioned that we were all plagued during December.  When New Year's rolled around Emory had completed his prescription and Phillip was cured via the magical Mucinex.  I was definitely on the up-swing, but I still had a cough and stuffy nose.  No one likes to be around sick people.  I completely understand, but after a hospital visit, bed rest, and three weeks of being sick this woman wanted out of her house.

Fortunately I have a friend with lots of kids (like 6), so the chances of me adding anything to her brood that they hadn't already been exposed to were slim to none.  Amanda and Dana were getting together for a low key night of hanging out with the hubbies and the kiddos.  Luckily, Amanda's television was able to broadcast the oh-so-important Clemson bowl game.  (I am happy to report they won with a nail-biting 2 seconds remaining.)

Being the absent-minded preggo that I am, I forgot everything (phone, camera, etc.).  However, I remembered my hand sanitizer, my box of Kleenex, and my Halls cough drops.  Sadly, I have no documented proof of my evening with my lovelies except a picture I stole off facebook.  
P.S. - That precious little one is Landry, Amanda's complete Mini-Me.  I want to take her home and play dress up.
It was so nice to just get out and see people (not that I don't appreciate the company of my fabulous husband and precious Emory).  I've been blessed to find friends that I can be frumpy or all gussied up around.  It was a great night of just laughing and of course the post-New Year's Nerf war that ensued. 

When we got home that evening, we took the chance to hang out as a family of three one more time.  I did get to snap a few pictures (once I found my phone):
 
 
We hope you all had a blessed New Year.  Happy 2013! 

No comments: