Thursday, March 27, 2014

As of late...

We have been busy bees these past few weeks.

I started the new year out with a goal to work through the alphabet and numbers 1-20 in depth with Emory this year. Obviously, we do lots of traveling and sicknesses have taken over our house these past three or four months, so I allowed for some flexibility. Our ultimate goal is to homeschool our children for a while (or however long it works for all parties involved). This week we are working on the letter H and the number 8. So far, he seems to enjoy it! There are off days, but they are few and far between. Emory definitely loves to use paint and to run off energy (yay for kinesthetic learning). I'm trying my best to adapt to teaching a two year old (I thought teenagers were hard)!
I was getting Everhett out of his car seat one afternoon and I heard "YOOK MOMMY! YOOK!" When I turned around this is what he said. I was so happy he was finding letters in nature. Bring on the nice weather and the nature scavenger hunts! (He brought a number 1 in from the driveway this week.)
 
Each week I pick a theme to go along with the letter and/or number. This has given us lots of crafty things to do. He loves these Do-A-Dot pages that I found on Pinterest and they are great for assisting him in recognizing both the upper and lower case letters we are working on. 
These are a few of the things we did during our "D" week.
I've come to learn that pompoms are a toddler's best friend. Crafts, counting, dusting, you name it, they do it!
The bottom right picture is hard to see, but I have to brag on him. We read about Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I thought I'd try to see if he could identify subtle differences in the pictures (not even knowing if he'd grasp the concept of differences). He circled all three correctly by himself and without hesitation!
He also LOVES to cook and bake. It will suit this mama quite fine if one of her sons grows up to be the family chef.
As for our little gingersnap, he has recently taken to walking and talking quite a bit. He won't say "Mama" or "Dada" but you better bet he'll say "Grace!" to call the daggum dog. He's such a strong-willed baby (something about redheads maybe?). I love that he still comes over in the midst of playing and places his head on your lap so you can rub his head. He's at such a fun age. Every day brings something new and exciting (unless we are dealing with separation anxiety, in which case he will scream his bloody little head off until we return and give him a good snuggle). Check out this preciousness so you can fully understand why it's impossible to get upset with him:
 
 
 

 
It's so funny how different two little guys can be, but they love each other so much. I can't wait for the day they become best friends. Phillip and I look at each other and start smiling while we're listening to the two of them giggling over heavens only knows what throughout the day. We are two blessed parents!

Hope our sweet, little men brought a smile to your face!


 Kristin

No comments: