Monday, June 27, 2011

Childhood Mishaps (Thanks to Daddy)

Emory survived and even went to the pool!
Phillip's philosophy to parenting differs from my own on many levels.  I haven't been able to (willingly) leave the baby yet.  Aside from my hospitalization for surgery and Emory's grandmas supervision for those three days, he's been with me since day one.  I did leave him with Phillip once for a whole 7 minutes while I went to the store to get a Diet Dr. Pepper when he was 4 weeks old.

I also do all of the night feedings.  This isn't an issue since 1) I am the deemed "milk fairy" and 2) I don't work outside of the home.  Phillip decided to let me sleep in this morning and feed the baby all by himself.  Normally Emory lasts about 30 minutes or so after his feeding before he's ready to catnap.  He usually takes a pacifier when he goes down.  Phillip got tired of holding the paci, so he decided to "rig up some headgear" to do the job for him.  He took two of my hair ties, attached them to the pacifier, and proceeded to loop them behind Emory's ears.

Now fortunately for Emory (and unfortunately for Daddy) this stroke of brilliance didn't work.  However, Phillip decided it was necessary to complain because the cartilage on his son's ears isn't strong enough to hold the ties behind them.  YET!  Seriously?!  He actually wants to try this again at a later date.

For some reason I don't think I'll ever be able to leave our child unsupervised with his father.  Ever.


2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey...you can't blame him for trying. :-) Let me make a suggestion though. We have a WubbaNub (http://www.wubbanub.com/) and it comes in VERY handy. When Lainey wants her paci at night and we don't want to hang over the crib holding it until she falls asleep, we just use the WubbaNub. Because it has the little stuffed animal on the end you can sort of prop it up so it stays in her mouth. I highly recommend it! :-)

Emily said...

Also...it works good when you're holding them too because it lays on their chest and keeps the paci in. and then if they spit it out it doesn't go falling on the floor or flying across the room, haha.