Monday, February 7, 2011

Confessions of a Hippo

I have developed a not so healthy habit during the latter portion of this pregnancy.  I put off eating during the day for as long as possible.  This actually serves two purposes: 1) I now have gallstones...and have for approximately 10 weeks now.  Or at least that's how long I've been in pain with them.  Eating does nothing but intensifies the pain, so if I don't eat the pain is tolerable.  Since I'm officially running out of real estate in the abdominal area this is bad news bears for all involved.  And 2) Once I start eating it's like a parasite inside of me turns on and never wants to stop.  I still get sick, but I stay hungry.  ALL. THE. TIME.  I was in the kitchen this evening just staring into the pantry (sometimes this appeases the monster within), and I remembered one of my childhood games, Hungry Hungry Hippos.  I feel JUST like one of the hippos!  There's a hand that's slapping a clamp on my back and my mouth just wants to keep gobbling everything up!
{www.toy-tma.com}

No comments: