Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Perspective

This week has been a rough one, to say the least.  I would venture to explain, but I am drained emotionally and psychologically.  I feel like I've been thirsting after some little token or sign that everything will be ok soon enough.  
I get a daily devotional from several sites, one of which is Proverbs 31 Ministries.   It was one of those things that I knew God placed in front of me because I NEEDED to hear it.  An acquaintance of mine paraphrased it:
The Author of my story has a purpose for every page and chapter in my life. He’s got a story in mind and is building and developing the plot every day. No story is conflict-free. No story is complete without a challenge. Victory is empty without a struggle. Today, I’m considering my life as a grand story. Good will triumph. The victory will be sweeter because of the struggle. Today is not the story. It’s just page!
I have found so much delight in this.  It was such a beautifully small reminder that despite my apprehensions, the Lord is ultimately in control.  I'm just here for the ride.  I can't see any portion of the road except what's immediately in front of me.  The curve ahead is sure to hold exactly what He intends.  
  

No comments: