Friday, February 17, 2012

Grammie's House!

We decided to clear the calendar for a weekend and head down to Florence before things really start getting busy these next two months.  Emory got to visit Grammie, Logan, Taylor, Aunt Diane, Aunt Nicki, and the whole gang!  He event got to see Mrs. Miriam and visit Uncle Chris at the fire station (he loves the big red trucks).  He gets spoiled with all that attention!

We got down around midnight Friday night.  It's normal for us to travel late because of Phillip's schedule.  We have a key to Aunt Diane's house anyway.   Emory was being SUPER clingy (wouldn't even look at anyone else).  He refused to sleep in his pack n' play.  We usually don't let him sleep with us, but we had to cave that night after constant crying.  Phillip got to sleep.  I...well, I got a baby that tried to pick my eyelashes off my face.  When that didn't work he decided to see what he could find up my nose.  I turned my head and then he thought pulling my hair like reins would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.  Really, it was a great night.  I'd roll him over to Phillip's side and he'd come right on back. 
Logan volunteered to stay with me this summer and help keep Emory.  I may take her up on that offer!  Emory loves his cousin.
Aunt Nicki and LoLo playing with Emory. 
Nicki shouldn't have been on the floor.  She had a REALLY bad wreck the day before on her way to have dinner with everyone at Grammie's house.  Thankfully, she made it out with nothing more than a bad case of whiplash.  Her 4Runner wasn't so lucky:
Obviously, the results could have been much worse!
The girls were with Grammie already, so Phillip and I went to the hospital to check on Nicki while Linda kept the kids (including our miserably fussy child).  Thanks for letting us get out, Grammie!

I would like for it to be noted that Logan will be 13 this year and still runs up to her uncle like she's 3.  I LOVE that about her.  Taylor, as you can tell, is allllllll sass!  :-)
The sun never sets on a bad boy!
We had a great time visiting.  Hopefully, our next trip down won't be quite so eventful.  We wish Aunt Nicki a very speedy recovery!


No comments: