Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tag, you're it!

I have this fun friend, Renn.  She moved to Wyoming earlier this year.  Fortunately, I get to see her precious little peanut every time I visit her blog.  (Seriously, go here.  Baker is ADORBS!  Do you not love his hair?  Be still my heart.)  
Sweet Renn on our wedding day.  She read our marriage verses, Colossians 3:12-17.
I got tagged to answer the following 11 questions and then tag other people with blogs to do the same
So here we go...

1. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
I would say on the farm in SC with my hubby and my baby.  The Pee Dee Farmers Market blows every other market in NC and SC out of the water.  A morning visit there really starts the day off right!  Follow that up with some time spent letting the dogs swim in the pond while feeding the ducks (Emory loves watching everything in SC).  Top it all off with a nice family dinner and you have life's simplest pleasure. 

2. Which food do you wish could be calorie-free for all time?
Dr. Pepper (maybe I just wish milk tasted like it) or chocolate. 

3. What is your favorite Christmas gift from childhood?
I don't really remember a lot of the gifts we got.  I do remember always hiding Amelia Bedelia books between my mattress and box spring and a flashlight in my pillow case so I could read under my covers once my parents thought I was asleep.  Man, did I love those books.  :-) 

4. If you could be a parent of as many children as you wanted, how many would you have?
Phillip and I have always said five.  I highly doubt that will happen, but I love the idea of a big, crazy, loving family. 

5. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
Let's be honest, I'm too round and certainly not pleasant enough to ever even relate to a Disney princess.  I choose to be Elizabeth Bennett (Pride & Prejudice) or Skeeter Phelan (The Help).  :-)

6. What's one of your favorite stories in the Bible and why?
Hannah's story of faithful prayer.  I think I find it easy to relate to the yearning of her heart during her barren years.  I can't fathom how she could keep her end of the bargain with God by allowing Samuel to be raised by Eli (only seeing him once a year thereafter).  Not only did she keep her end of the deal, but she praised God when leaving!  Don't get me wrong, He definitely should get all the glory but I couldn't praise God after leaving my only child with a stranger.  Granted, she later had other children but I hardly doubt she forgot Samuel.  I read these stories of parents in the Bible (Abraham offering Jacob, Hannah giving Samuel back, even Rahab endangering the lives of her family) and realize that my faith needs a LOT of work.

7. What is one item you feel you couldn't live without?
Aveeno Essential Moisture SPF 15 Chapstick  ... and my camera (to document Emory, of course).

8. What did you want to be when you grew up and do you think you will ever be that?
I would line my stuffed animals up in my bedroom and teach them when I was little.  Oddly enough, I'm doing it now.  It took a long time to get back to square one, so to speak, but I love my job.  I don't know that I'll do this forever, but it sure does seem like a great fit!

9. What is the worst/most embarrassing CD/Albums you've ever owned and do you still have it?
Like Renn, I wasn't allowed to listen to much of anything growing up.  I did sneak away and buy the *NSYNC Christmas CD.  I am not one bit ashamed to say that I still have it (and YES I still listen to it).  You only wish you had my copy with Justin's afro!

10. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
This is just an odd question.  I've grown accustomed to Kristin these past 28 years.  Nothing else seems to fit.  Not that I'm crazy about the name, but it's me.  I digress.

11. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?
I should say anything clean.  Most everything I own gets "christened" by Emory in some capacity.  Last Monday I got to strip in my car after leaving Target, only to drive home topless (covered with a baby blanket) because Emory literally puked all over me.  However if I have to choose, when I was pregnant I "adopted" a lot of Phillip's t-shirts to lounge around in.  He likes shirts that feel worn in.  When we find them, we buy them up.  My favorite three (as far as comfort, obviously I'm not wearing these for a fashion statement) read: "Out of bait, out of beer, out of here," "Save a life, grope your wife" (it's a Save the TaTas shirt), and "WORKFishaholic."  Trust me, I look like I walked straight out of a Toby Keith music video when I wear these gems.  However, there is nothing I own that compares in comfort.

Now the fun part...
Mere Mere at Merdeezy Hollaaas!
have fun!  Can't wait to read your posts!

Happy weekend!!!!!

No comments: