Monday, February 27, 2012

Saturday Fun

We had a lazy Saturday.  After a stressful week, our little family spent a quiet day together enjoying the weather.  It was a bit breezy to say the very least.

We started out with a trip to the local hardware store.  Phillip worked as a sales rep for this place when we first got married, so he spent a good deal of time catching up with the men folk while Emory and I plundered.  We got watermelon, squash, spinach and cucumber seeds.  Emory discovered that they made the best instruments.  The we moved on to select our strawberry plants.  I even snagged a sweet mint plant.  Maybe I'll get it planted before Phillip eats all of the leaves.  :-)  Before leaving, we had to stop and say hello to the Easter chicks.  Emory LOVES animals (usually much more than they care for him and these chicks were no exception).
Alas, there was two brave souls willing to come close to our squealing child. 
Next we headed to Concord Mills.  This has become a rather frequent trip for us.  Emory loves Bass Pro Shop.  LOVES.  Ugh!  I am so outnumbered in this house.  There's way too much testosterone and he's only 10 months old.  I left Phillip for a second and came back to this:
Do you see this?  Yes, we put shoes on our child.  He knows how to kick them off like a pro.  He rides around the mall with his foot propped up.  I think the added gun and hunting hat really pull the look together. 
Emory has gone quite a few rounds with colds this season.  This week he went to the doctor for a small ear infection and yet another viral infection.  I love winter, but I think having a baby makes me very excited for spring!  Anyway, sweet boy was getting bored so we visited the aquarium.  Let's just say it was a hit.  He's been amused before, but he was beyond stoked this time.


Suffice it to say, Daddy has himself a great fishing buddy! 

We hope you all didn't blow away this weekend!  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Too cute! We're planning to take Lainey to the aquarium down here for her birthday. I can't wait!

Kristin Harris said...

You will have so much fun! I can't wait to take him to the zoo this summer. :-)