Monday, January 3, 2011

My Favs Visit from California

A few years ago, my best friend and her hubby packed up and moved back to her home state.  Sadly, this state happens to be all the way across the country.  Needless to say, we do not get to see one another nearly enough.  We make the best of phone convos and our few visits.

Sandra had a conference in Pennsylvania prior to Thanksgiving, so they headed on down afterward to spend time with Steven's family and visit us.  Can I just say that she is a complete God-send?!

We had an appointment with the doctor the day after Thanksgiving for the anatomy exam.  Baby Emory was looking quite well and we found out that he is a he and not a she!  Sandra and Steven made their journey here after the appointment.  We called them to find out where they were and let them know what the baby was.

Much to my surprise they roll up less than an hour later with a GINORMOUS bouquet of balloons.  (Sandra has to send me some pics because I totally failed to document this visit thanks to being sick.)  Here's Phillip with one of them:

LOVE it!  They are the best!

Along with the balloons Sandra made us these beautiful etched glasses with an "H" in them.  Poor guys even had to be patted down going through security because of them.  Sandra and Steven brought all sorts of baby presents.  I didn't even know they made all of the contraptions for bottles that they bought us.  We are completely prepared for all the traveling we do now.  The baby is all set on binkies...made by hand, of course.  She cracked me up because she came equipped with colors for boys and girls.  We also got all sorts of Eric Carle and Dr. Suess books...every English major's dream for their little one.  

That Saturday almost all major college football rivalry games are played.  This included Clemson vs. South Carolina.  We left the boys to their own devices for the day.  Sandra and I decided to be productive and head on out to register.  This task was so daunting.  I wanted nothing more than to run away screaming.  Sandra is just as much, if not more, OCD than I am.  So she made the perfect "assistant."  We literally spent all day trying to accomplish this task.  (THANK YOU TIMES A MILLION!!!)  We got home to dinner and a naked Christmas tree just waiting to be decorated.  So we got busy!  Here's the lovely finished product.  
Sadly, I got sick much of the rest of their visit.  We were able to go out for a bit and have a lovely dinner together.  Here are a few more pictures from their visit.  (Gracie and Mason are missing their friends.)
She even held on to them.  I mean, I think my pup wants to move to California.
Thanks for visiting guys!  We love and miss you both so very much!
Phillip and I cheesing it up.  (I think I am gaining my pregnancy weight in my face.  Not fun!)
Sadly, this isn't looking so cute on my part.  I was quite sick.  :-(  I miss my love!  Thanks for everything!



No comments: