Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day + Ice Day + Another Ice Day

I really only have pictures from the snow day.  Now, I love some snow, but we are just not equipped here in the South to deal with snow and ice.  We had a lot of fun playing in the snow.  It was quite funny watching the dogs try to walk on the snow after the ice had solidified.  Poor Gracie was slipping and sliding everywhere.
We decided to take a walk after work was canceled for both of us. 
 The house before all of the ice.  (Check out that SWEET Astro van I've been sporting around town.)
This is post-walk.  I didn't have a hood on my jacket.  Lots of sleet. 
Our pups were not being very photogenic, but Phillip snapped this one of us. 
Phillip decided it'd be nice to pelt me with a snowball.  Glad I didn't fix my hair!
Our sweet Mason pup seems to be confused about whether he's a pig or not when it snows.  All he does it root around. 
My dad fixed chili.  His chili is one of my all-time favorites.  So we bundled up and headed over for dinner and some play time in the snow. 
Here's my dad and Rascal, my sister's dog.  He believes he is a small child.  He refuses to allow anyone to carry him as if he's animal.
I love my husband for so many reason.  One of those reasons is because he's a child trapped in an adult's body.
My sister made this her snowball fighting stance. 
Here's Kandice and sweet (albeit stupid) Jackson. 
This would be my husband...and my sister...and my sister's rather large derriere. 
My sweet daddy was running around the backyard with the pups.  So precious. 
God bless my sister.  She's special on so many levels.  She wanted everyone to watch her fabulous cartwheel.  This was the landing.  Or faceplant.  This was the second time the wind got knocked out of her.
Snow bunny pic of us...and baby Emory.
She comes up with the most ridiculous things.  Never classy. 
I got an aerial view of this snowball fight.  Phillip pretty much just kept throwing snowballs at Kandice repeatedly.
Kandice just started batting them all down like it was a Wii game. 
Poor Jackson.  Dad put a reindeer bell on him so he wouldn't lose track of him at night.

Unfortunately, we've been stuck indoors since then thanks to ice, but we had a great time while it lasted!

No comments: