Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lesson in Parenting

I've done enough nannying to know that when you are with a child and need to get something accomplished without said child you will and can use any means necessary to entertain the wee-one until such time as said task is complete.  Emory is becoming a victim to this tactic at a very young age. 

Since I haven't been able to leave him yet, I take him with me to the florist to balance the books.  Usually, we are only there for an hour or so, but I noticed that he loves some funeral arrangements.  It's sad, but casket sprays, urns, standing sprays, ANYTHING FUNERAL RELATED.  I'm not sure what I think of this, but I used it to my advantage today:
Emory staring at a grave urn arrangement.
When he gets bored with one, I just grab another with some different colors.  :-)

No comments: