Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lessons in Diapering

This weekend we kept our friends' son, Gavin.  We had him a couple of times before, but never overnight.  He woke up from nap while I was cleaning, so Phillip was kind enough to take up the task of changing his diaper.  Little did I know, Phillip had no previous experience in diapering.  Apparently, he never had to help change his nieces' diapers. 

I entered the room while Phillip was examining the diaper as if it just fell out of an alien spacecraft.  The conversation below quickly followed suit:

Phillip: How can you tell the difference between the front and the back?
Kristin: The tabs always go on the back, hun.
Phillip: Oh, I think I put his diaper on backwards the last time he was here.

Poor Gavin.  At least he's providing us with the experience that we need.  Granted, I do have a very unfair advantage over Phillip.  I have been a nanny since ... well as long as I can remember.  I am sure we are in for a world of fun!

No comments: