Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend Getaways

We had plans for the same weekend.  I was going to Wilmington to stay with Brandy while Will was on call.  Phillip was heading to the lake with Chris (his best friend) and his family for a much needed fishing trip.  

Phillip did not take pictures (despite having a camera).  His trip started out with a bit of a twist.  Chris had injured his leg pretty badly a few days before their trip.  His injury required surgery.  So, he was out of commission for driving both the truck and the boat.  However, boys will be boys.  They apparently had a great time and hit some rough water.  That always makes for some great stories!  Thanks to the McNairs for a great weekend getaway!

I, on the other hand, headed out for fun times with Brandy.  She's my college suite mate.  She also lived with us right after we got married for two months while she was completing clinicals here in Charlotte.  Will was on call, and Brandy has never been too fond of staying alone, so I headed on over to Wilmington!  Brandy and I goofed off all day on Saturday.  We had great fun taking Sydney (their dog) to get a bath in her 2 seater convertible.  I am positive people thought we were insane.  I got to drive, but Sydney pretty much made Brandy all but invisible.  We got to scope out the Farmers Market downtown, do a bit of shopping, and laid out on the beach for a while. 
Sydney has picked up a funny habit of getting one's attention when he's ready to go to bed.  He pulls the covers off of you.  
Will got home Sunday morning, so we headed out to Fort Fisher State Park.  It was my first time ever riding on the beach in a vehicle.  I really liked it!  Sydney was not a fan of the ocean.  This is his mom forcing him to face his fears.  
 I thought this picture was pretty befitting. 
The happy Powers family  stopped long enough for a photo op.
 Then it was back to work.  As you can see, this could take a while.  
Sydney did get in a few good swims to the shore before we called it a day.  

I had a great time with the Powerses!  Thanks Brandy and Will (and Sydney)!

No comments: