Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekends and Transitions

As previously posted, we got to keep Gavin this weekend.  I always wondered why my friends with children never went anywhere.  I know why.  It takes forever just to get into and out of a car.  We ventured to the post office, grocery store, and my parents' house on Saturday.  After being gone for two hours, we came straight back home and never left again.  We had such a good time with Gavin.  He has the most contagious smile (we're talking ear to ear)!

Typically, we would have made it to church but Gavin decided to sleep in (10:15) and Phillip's work schedule changed this weekend (effective until Labor Day weekend).  What does this mean, you might ask?  It means that he leaves the house at 6:15 PM on Sunday and returns around 5:45/6 AM on Monday.  This schedule gets repeated from Sunday through Thursday (Friday AM) unless he works on Saturday.  I am thankful for a husband that does so much to support us financially while still being there for me emotionally and spiritually.  I have so many friends that have already experienced the detrimental impact of disconnectedness, infidelity, and even divorce.  So, thank you Phillip for being such a committed husband!

I read a blog tonight about a young woman that dealt with infertility.  She was a guest writer on the blog, but she offered a few nuggets of advice for Christian women struggling with infertility:
1.  I want you to hear and believe me when I say this: God is in control.
2.  Pray for the child you are longing for.
3.  Allow yourself to hurt.
4.  Spend time becoming the parents you hope to be.

I cannot tell you how much of a proverbial slap in the face #2 was to me when I first read it.  OF COURSE!  Pray for our little blessing!  We pray for the faith to continue, for healing, for guidance, for...the list goes on.  Never, and I feel quite foolish admitting this, have we ventured into praying for our little blessing.

There are so many things to be grateful for right now, but I seem to lose sight of that every 5 minutes.  I am continually thankful for the friends and family that are making this journey with us.  Your prayers mean more with each passing day.

Prayer requests for this week:
1.  Our little blessing.  That we will be the parents the Lord wants us to be and continually reflect His patience and love in all situations.
2.  I had to return to the doctor this past Friday due to some pretty substantial lingering pain over the past week.  I have hemorrhagic cysts on both ovaries.  Healing would be wonderful as I would prefer to 1) avoid taking any other hormones/medication and 2) avoid a hospital visit all together (I don't cry when I am in pain, but my vitals go all over the place so the doctors always pop my tail into a bed for a few days). 
3.  Ease with transitioning shifts for Phillip.  The sleep schedule is just brutal.  He's been feeling poorly this weekend due to heat exhaustion.  So, fingers crossed for a better week!

No comments: