Sunday, July 4, 2010

Spring Sprang ... and I failed to blog.

The end of this past semester was quite busy with meetings and teaching.  I could go on with the excuses, but when it all finally came to a close I got very, very lazy.  Unless something absolutely had to be done, it was not going to happen.  Sad, but true.

Our Spring did get off on a great foot though!  We did lots of the regular cleaning around the yard.  Here are some pics!  

This is my new bird feeder.  I was quite excited about it until over-eager squirrels broke portions of the side glass out.  It was great while it lasted!
We found this at Lowes.  I loved it, Phillip could care less.  The small dead looking plant to the left side is one of the many hydrangeas my parents gave me after Easter.  It works out well.  I get free plants.  Most of the time I unintentionally kill them.  However, to date, these three are doing well.  I have two periwinkle and one pink plants.  Although, the acid of the soil determines what color they are once they have been planted.  I will be sure to post the results from this experiment once next year's blooms have sprung. 
As previously mentioned, I kill everything.  My front porch doesn't see a ton of early morning sun.  So everything except the Impatience died.  They were quickly replaced by other Impatience.  
Our tomato and strawberry plants!  The tomato plant has already produced quite a few tomatoes (with five new ones currently on the way).  The strawberries are everywhere, but none are ready yet.  We have no idea what is taking so long because they have been planted since mid-April.  
This little buddy made a home in our Carolina Jasmine.  We love our robins!
The end! 

No comments: