Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dieting

Today (ok yesterday, but I'm up late doing laundry), I decided to treat myself to a piece of cake because I had been really good all day.  I had a fabulous organic salad with feta cheese, craisins, cucumbers, a piece of chicken, and water all day. 

The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I opened the door this morning and got slapped in the face...with fall!  I love fall!  The leaves, the cool air, apples and pumpkins, everything!  Emory's teething has been the bane of my existence for the past week.  Today was no different.  In lieu of this nap, we took Mason for a long walk.  Loved every second!

We came back because it was time for Emory to eat.  He finished, I put him in his bumbo which is on our kitchen table (I know, I know, but it's where he eats and I don't leave him unattended), grabbed a piece of cake that I had been craving like crazy all day and some milk to wash it down.  I sat down, grabbed my fork, and right as I was looking up Emory spit up all over my piece of cake.  To be honest, I sat there wondering how I could cut off the parts that had been tainted.  Upon realizing there was no salvaging my delicious treat I grabbed my milk, had a good laugh, and thanked Emory for helping me stick to a diet. 

I love this life!

No comments: