Monday, October 10, 2011

Bain of My Existence Bringing Laughter

So Phillip LOVES some Trident gum.  Seriously, the boy goes through 2 or 3 packs a week.  Now I am happy he will chew a gum that also helps clean your teeth, but he has a big problem with throwing the wrappers in the trash.

This isn't a new phenomena.  It's been going on for years.  Lately though, I've learned that the small things bug me more than usual.  So I've been asking him to put them in the trash A LOT. 

However, it seems that the more I beg for them to be placed in the trash where they belong the more often I find them elsewhere.  Seriously, I've found them in the garage, on the counter, IN MY FLOWER BED (explain that to me).  Most often though they are in the laundry, especially the dark loads.

The other day I found one when folding the clothes.  Phillip happened to be on the couch, so I nicely walked over, held up my find, and PROCEEDED TO STICK IT UP HIS NOSE.  That's right.  We both laughed SO hard.  I stepped back, folded my arms, and asked him if I had made my point yet.  He said yes, but then we realized the gum wrapper was STUCK IN HIS NOSE!  It took a few minutes, but he got it out.
I found a wrapper in tonight's load.  Guess my point wasn't made.  However now instead of getting frustrated when I see a wrapper freshly out of the wash, I laugh because I just imagine Phillip's face and his efforts to retrieve the previous wrapper from his nostril. 


No comments: