Monday, October 10, 2011

Project 31: Day 9

Maybe this is just the woman in me, but I find it much easier to recognize the faults in myself rather than the redemptive qualities.  However, today I am suppose to talk about the virtues I value in myself.

Honesty - Granted, and I've said this many times before, I am brutally honest so I need to work on that.  However, I admire that trait in people.  It's a characteristic that I hope to encourage in our son.

Compassion - Oddly enough when I was typing this my dear friend sent me a text saying that she returned home from a trip and found that her beloved pet had passed.  My heart literally sank to my stomach.  Don't get me wrong, I'm an animal lover for sure, but this pet was literally a huge portion of her world.  My heart hurts for her.  I am thankful that I can empathize with the people in my life rather easily.  It gives me the desire to connect with them and try to make their lives a little better.

Loving mother - This is probably my favorite.  Does Emory have the finest clothing?  Nope.  Will he have to work for some of the things he wants in life?  You bet.  Does he have two parents that promise to lovingly admonish and encourage him?  Absolutely!!!  This is the greatest role God has even given me.  It's more rewarding and challenging than anything I could ever imagine.  I'm not perfect at this role.  I've already had days that ended with me feeling like a failure, but I was blessed enough to wake up the next morning and try all over again.


No comments: