Friday, October 7, 2011

Project 31: Day 7

Day 7's challenge is to write a post encouraging another beautiful woman.  I thought long and hard about the potential candidates and finally settled on one amazing lady.  You see, I have this wonderfully hilarious friend from college.  I think we owe our friendship to Chaucer, Ovid, Virgil, and the like (and we can both recite the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales in Middle English...you should be so lucky).  She's been through her share of ups and downs, but has kept a pretty positive attitude through it all.  Maybe I felt the need to write this to her due to how drastically her friendship has impacted my life. So with no further adieu:

To F. Scott's mistress and the Bieb's cougar,

I don't know that this post will make sense to anyone but you, and I'm not quite sure I care.  Friendship, I've learned, is largely defined not by the amount of time you've spent together but in the dedication and love you invested in that relationship.  Oddly enough, I can't remember the day we met or what we talked about.  I remember passing notes while Dr. Grathwohl lectured, I remember a pink jacket that should be framed for all the wear and tear it endured, I remember your encouraging words when I carried a horrific brick around for a week, and I remember your laugh.

I bet you didn't know this, but I'm persuaded that your laugh gives life to those around you.  There have been countless days when your random sense of humor has pulled me back off that proverbial ledge.  I love going out to restaurants and watching people wonder why you are so happy (it could be because you just scored a box of fortune cookies since you weren't happy with the one you first received).  It is infectious, but not in a CDC kind of way.  :-)  

You have no idea how valued you are.  You have a magnetic personality.  Your friends want nothing more than to see all of your dreams come rolling into your lap.  You deserve it...AND SO MUCH MORE.  I know you have rough days and I want you to know that I will always be here to carry any burden with you so you don't have to bare the weight alone.  Imagine Atlas except the two of us instead of him, a couple strands of pearls, preppy (or any) clothing, and some oolong tea:
Picture Source
"Bare one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
Galations 6:2

I know not every day is sunshine and roses, but I don't think you should ever go a day without hearing how spectacular you are.  Granted this isn't the most eloquent post, but the message is sincere.  Love you...more than rentamidget.com!

Who could you encourage today?

No comments: