Thursday, October 20, 2011

Project 31: Day 19 & 20

Day 19: Write about your favorite comfort food. 

Y'all!  I am Southern to the T on this one.  I can't make my own favorite meal though, but that probably bodes well for the waistline.  I don't necessarily have a comfort food, but I def have a favorite "auto-pick-me-up" kind of meal.  Drum roll please...

Chicken 'n Dumplings and Lima Beans

I can't make a good tasting batch of this to save my life (this was my last and final attempt).  Oh my goodness, they are heaven though!  Love love love!

Day 20: Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.

I don't know that I have one particular "job" so to speak.  I consider my primary responsibilities to be Emory's caregiver and Phillip's companion.  I also work as a contracted tutor.  Lastly, I work managing the books for my parents' business. 

It sounds like a lot, but total all of the paying jobs only equate to about 10+ hours outside of the home each week.  Emory goes with me to the florist, so that doesn't really count at all.  Tutoring is more of a blessing for me than a gain for my students.  I don't tutor wealthy kids.  I work through two different programs, but I love seeing the potential in some of these little ones! 

I LOVE my job as Emory's mama!  I get to give him kisses all day.  I get to watch him discover his own voice, his own feet, and his own hands.  I get to see him converse with his giraffe.  I don't miss these things by being away from him.  It's SO rewarding to know that he's being cared for by the couple that loves him the most!


As per being Phillip's companion, that's not a shabby position either.  I love that we get to spend time together in the mornings.  I wish we could have dinner tonight in the evenings, but you make it work when you have to.  We get to laugh and hang out while the rest of you people head to work!  It's ok to be jealous.  :-) 

I feel like I have jobs every where, but each of the hats I get to wear serves a special purpose in my life.  God has blessed me richly in these areas.  I can't wait to see what else is in store!


No comments: