Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Project 31: Day 11 (A Little Late)

Y'all know I love some cold weather.  My taste buds, however, love Spring.  We believe in some fruit in the Harris household.  Fresh fruit is ALWAYS within arm's reach.  Lately, I've been a little sad because strawberries are officially OUT.  :-(  I try to buy from local farmers and produce stands, so they have none of these delightful little treasures at my usual stops until Spring rolls back around.

Day 11 is a day for dishes!  I'm suppose to post one of my favorite recipes with a picture.  I didn't get to make this scrumptious dish this past year, what with having a baby and surgery it just completely slipped my mind!  However, do this!  Save it for next year.  ONLY MAKE IT ONCE A YEAR!  That's my warning.  You will be the size of a house if you make it regularly.  Want to know why?

It's Paula Deen's Strawberry Delight, and good heavens it is slap your mama AMAZING!  You can find the super easy recipe here.  Take my word on this.  I've been making it for years and it's always a hit.  The recipe calls for frozen sweetened strawberries, but we don't do those in our house.  Buy fresh!  If you must add a little bit of sugar and let them sit for a few hours in the fridge, but most of the time if they are fresh they are sweet enough.  Plus the rest of the recipe is rich enough to compensate for any lack of sweetener on your strawberries.
I totally did not take this picture (it's from this blog), but this is essentially what the dessert looks like upon completion.
Let me know what you think about this little concoction!  I can't take credit.  That Paula, she sure does know how to make things taste great (even if it does have half a day's worth of calories in it).

No comments: