Monday, October 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Monster!

As it turns out, the beginning of October in our house begot the cultivation of a little monster.

We started sweet potatoes this week.  Our Little Man LOVES his sweet taters (further proof that the child is EXACTLY like his Daddy).

Emory is still spitting up (I hope this subsides once we pass the 6 month milestone), so we have to put him down with LOTS of padding underneath.  Somehow, this still leaves us changing sheets once a day.

We put him down this weekend and he woke up from a nap fairly early and fussy (unusual).  I went in to check on him, and when I rolled him over I almost hit the floor laughing.  Every time I've pictured this scene in my head since that moment I die laughing all over again.  For this is what I encountered as I rolled our sweet boy over:
Beware of the sweet taters!

This is his "Mommy, I am NOT amused" face. 
I hope you are laughing as hard as I am at this moment.

P.S. - Don't you love this shirt?  My sister got it for him.  Thanks Aunt Kasey!
"I love my mummy!"  So cute!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Bad news bears...we're pushing 7 months and the spit up is still coming. It is, however, rarely during naps or sleeping and mostly during tummy time. Needless to say we have tummy time on a comforter on the floor and not the carpet. :-)

Kristin Harris said...

Oh sad day! I'm still holding out hope. This one sleeps on his tummy, so that's half the problem.