Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day of Firsts

I officially have my first teaching job.  Lucky for me, it's part-time.  I'm SO excited about this position.  I have wanted to teach for a while, but I am not willing to leave Emory all day, every day.  I saw the posting for this position and I LOVE the school, so I decided to go for it.  One week later, 2 interviews, and a confirmation phone call later and it's all mine!!!  I get to teach one class and work with the EC department the rest of the time.  (If you are keeping tabs, I have four "jobs" now and I think I'm getting addicted to this whole tutoring/teaching deal.  I don't feel like any of my "jobs" are really jobs.)

Now, during the confirmation phone call today Emory had a first.  He rolled off the couch!  ...and the Most Horrible Mother of the Year Award goes to this chick right here.  This week has been a rough one for poor Em and now he went and rolled off the couch.  I decided to make him a bubble wrap outfit.  The fall wasn't super high and didn't seem to phase him, but boy do I feel like a uber-bad mom!  I had him all trapped with pillows and everything.  Lesson learned folks!  Do not leave this child for one second.  What happened to those sleeping 20 hours days?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Don't feel bad. Just the other day I Lainey was on the changing table when I bent over to empty the diaper genie. Thank goodness I thought to stand as close to the changing table as possible because she rolled over onto my back. Scared the mess out of me, but we all survived. :-) I've learned they're a lot tougher than we think. P.S. Congrats on the new job!